Use of Present perfect tense | How to use the ‘Present Perfect’ | Learn English
Use of Present perfect tense | How to use the ‘Present Perfect’ | Learn English :
1. Continuing in the present: When the action in the past are continuing in the present
She has worked at the store for 10 years.We have had the same car for a while.
2. Time not finished: When the time period referred to has not yet finished
It has snowed a lot this week.I have worked hard today.I haven’t traveled this year.
3. Actions repeated: Actions repeated in an unspecific period of time between the past and now.
She has seen that movie 3 times.He has gone shopping many times.
4. Time is not important: When the precise time of action is not known or not important
Have you seen Jaws?I have been there.
5. Actions just completed: An action that was completed in the very recent past, expressed by ”just”.
I have just eaten.She has just finished signing.